We all love a ‘sweet-treat’ and these yummy valentines cakes are the perfect ‘heart-shaped treats to make at home this Valentine’s!
All you will need to make these cakes is the following:
Heartshaped cake tins or a heart-shaped pastry cutter – either will be fine. You will also need one responsible adult to take care of the melting of butter, marshmallows and chocolate!
- 3 tbsp of butter (unsalted)
- 275 gms of mini marshmallows
- 5 – 6 cups of rice crispies (about 650gms)
- 100 gms white chocolate for melting
- Pink food colouring
- Sprinkles of your choice!
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter, add marshmallow and stir over a low heat until completely melted.
- Remove from the heat and mix in the rice crispies until they are completely covered.
- If you are using a heart-shaped cutter, press the mixture into a baking pan to cool (don’t forget to line the pan otherwise the mixture will stick).
- Once cooled, using your heart-shaped cutter, cut the treats and put on a plate.
- Put the white chocolate in a glass bowl and melt in the microwave (this should take between 20 – 30 seconds) – make sure it’s in pieces before microwaving.
- Once melted, if you want to colour your treats, this is the time to add a couple of drops of pink food colouring.
- Dip the cooled rice crispy treats halfway into the chocolate. Set on a plate and decorate with sprinkles of your choice.
Leave to cool before enjoying these yummy ‘home-made’ valentine treats!