The children love Halloween and every year, we always have some dress up sessions and spend some time making spooky pictures and playing Halloween related games and activities.
We’ve scoured the Internet and found these very simple ‘Halloween’ snacks that will make mealtime fun and that are easy to make at
home – perfect for creating a ‘Spooky’ Halloween tea!
Turn boring sandwiches into a bit of fun – using your favourite fillings – think that tuna or cream cheese works well. All you need for these sandwiches is a round pastry cutter and some Twiglets or straight pretzels, plus your usual bread and a filling of your choice. For the eyes, raisins, olives or blueberries.
For a sweet treat, the sandwich in this picture has been made using peanut butter for the filling and chocolate chips for the eyes.
Witch’s Cheese Sticks:
For these, you will need some pre-bought cheese sticks (available from most supermarkets), some chives and some straight pretzels. Each cheese stick will make three broomsticks:
- Simply divide the cheese stick into three.
- Cut the cheese stick at one end lengthways into 6 or 7 so to make the broom head.
- At the end that isn’t cut, push the pretzel into the cheese to make the broomstick.
- Tie a chive around the top of the cheese for decoration.
These lollies are so easy to make! Each banana makes four lollies so keep in mind how many you want to make! Other ingredients include a tub of natural yoghurt, a handful of chocolate chips and some lolly sticks:
- Peel banana
- Cut banana in half
- Cut each banana in half again (cut along banana)
- Place the lollipop stick in each banana piece (to form lollipop shape)
- Place each banana flat side down on a lined baking tray
- Place in freezer for at least half hour
- Remove from freezer and dip each banana lollipop into the natural yoghurt tub
- Place dipped bananas back on the tray and add two chocolate chips onto each lollipop for your ghost’s eyes
- Return to freezer for another half hour
- Remove and enjoy